We at Param Yoga, a one-stop center, offer Holistic Yoga with passion and understanding, depending upon the need of an individual - – be it fitness, health or power!
Our services are structured to give priority to your needs, and at same time, give you all the variety and fun without compromising on the depth and safety.
Without undermining the need for medication, we endeavour to offer relief from aches, pains and better capacity to deal with chronic illnesses to the extent that is possible. In this effort, we use customized protocol of practices depending upon the need of each person.
Param Yoga teachers are unique because they are taught the basics of both human anatomy, Yogic philosophy and of course postures and practices.
We believe excess weight is a result of not only our eating habits and lack of exercise, but it is also as much to do with our mental well-being. Our weight-loss programs offer a many-pronged solution that takes on the weight problem from all directions.
About Our Workshops
The corporate world demands physical fitness, high energy and a focused mind. In the prevailing competitive and stressful environment, where time for ourselves is always in short supply, wellness and wholeness are in great demand. Corporate Yoga is a holistic approach to physical and mental health, as well as a person’s well-being and personal growth.
Dr. Renu Mahtani (MD - General Medicine), a Holistic Physician and Yoga Therapy Consultant, provides consultation for various problems of today -
- Aches and pains – Back, neck, knees, shoulders
- Chronic lifestyle diseases – Hypertension, Heart diseases, Diabetes
- Metabolic disorders – PCOD, Hypothyroidism
- Stress borne problems – migraine, sleep disorders, anxiety, depression
- Allergies and Immunity disorders
Her assessment and planning is based on –
- Changing lifestyles - What, how, why?
- Man & woman – different problems, different approach
- Safety in practices based on – ‘How you do’ is more important than ‘what you do.’
- Early home practice protocol to make everyone independent to take care of themselves
- Care and concern about health at all levels – physical and emotional
She believes in a balanced approach where the necessary medicines are prescribed / continued. She then develops a personlised program as found necessary, which gets implemented under her guidance by The Therapy Team. As per the need, the program incorporates -
- Rope & Belt therapy
- Assisted stretching
- Pilates based Core strengthening
- Muscles Balancing Practices
- Posture Therapy
- Breath Therapy
- Mind Management Tools
Counseling is a process that can help people identify more effective strategies both to cope with difficult situations and to achieve their goals. While some people who seek counseling have chronic emotional difficulties, most are dealing with normal life events and are simply in need of an objective listener - someone who doesn't judge and who can help them see new alternatives.
Individual counseling is basically a collaborative effort between you and your counselor. Our goal is to provide an open, supportive, and confidential environment for you to address the issues that are concerning you. To schedule a first appointment, called an initial consultation, simply call our office.
Sujata Nerurkar is a trained counselor and in all her teaching modules she utilises her expertise in REBT (Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy), EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) and Non-violent communication and Interplay (movement as therapy). From her experience in teaching yoga and mind management techniques, over a decade, Sujata emphasizes the need of mind and body collaboration.
When to Seek Counseling
While counseling might be helpful in numerous situations, there are some conditions in which we would strongly encourage you to seek counseling services:
- You are unhappy on most days or feel a sense of hopelessness
- You worry excessively or are constantly on edge
- You are unable to concentrate on your schoolwork or other activities
- You are unable to sleep at night or constantly feel tired
- You have experienced a change in your appetite or your weight
- You have experienced a loss (e.g., a relationship breakup, a parent's death)
- You have increased your use of alcohol or other drugs (including cigarettes)
- You feel overwhelmed by what is going on in your life
You are having thoughts about hurting yourself or someone else